Saturday, December 10, 2016
Wow! November sure got away from me. How about you? I typically scrap the entire kit but, this month I still have several sheets of paper left and the December kit has already arrived.

I have a feeling December is going to fly by as well.

So, first let me share my interpretation of the beautiful monthly sketch that Kim created for us.

This layout showcases a photo of my son who is now 23 years old. (Talk about time flying!)

Here's Kim's wonderful sketch.

And, this is my take on the sketch.


I did some random stamping on the background as well as some splats of Glimmer Mist. The 12x12 Dusty Attic chippy was cut in pieces and treated with Prima Color Blooms. The flowers are from the kit, flower add on and my stash. I made some flowers using a Heartfelt creations die and stamp set. I will share a video tutorial with you today on how I made them.

Next, I worked on the All that Flutters challenge.


For this one, I cut apart the 49 and Market flower spray so I could use it on both sides of the layout. The wooden word piece was sprayed with adhesive and then covered with Prima foil. There is some fussy cutting amongst the flower clusters. The doily is a Prima die.

Here's a fun one that is actually a Christmas gift for one of my technicians. (I stole the senior picture of her daughter off of her Facebook page. hehe!)


Torn paper diagonally on the layout seems to be a thing right now. Have you noticed? Anyway, I did a little bit of a twist on that. The sunburst stenciling under the photo is a Tim Holtz stencil with Wendy Vecchi embossing paste. The title is a Creative Embellishments chippie that was covered with Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel in platinum.

Here's one more of my cute little fluff ball. He got a cut and color at the groomer's for Thanksgiving. Yes, I did say color! He gets his feet and ears colored. This time they looked yellow so he got the nickname of "Cheeto" from my niece and nephew.


Random stamping and stenciling with Wendy Vecchi black embossing paste on the background. The stencil is made by Dusty Attic. The wooden banner was tucked into the flower cluster so all you can see is the word "you." Then, I added the "love" embellishment over the top to make the title for the page "love you." Flowers are from the main kit and flower add on. There is some more fussy cutting in the flower clusters here, too.

Ok, now on to the tutorial for this Saturday.

This one is on making your own flowers using stamps and dies that you have on hand. I will show you how to shape your diecuts to create beautiful three dimensional flowers.

Here's a close-up.


Here's the video tutorial.



These are Design Team project I created for Swirlydoos Scrapbook Kit Club. If you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Jan) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!




0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed