Monday, August 1, 2016
Typically I open my kit, oooh and aaaah, then I start on the sketch challenge. So, let me share my interpretation of the beautiful July sketch with you. Shhhhh! It's a wedding gift for my husband's nephew. The wedding is this Saturday so don't tell! I Facebook stalked the lovely soon-to-be newlyweds and found their engagement photos to scrap.

There is some random "Congratulations!" stamping on the background. Then, I did some embossing with the Dusty Attic "Heart Attack" stencil and white embossing paste.  The photo mat was cut using a Spellbinders die. The vines were my latest "mooost" have after borrowing Kathi's die at camp. It's a Poppystamps die called Monterey Vine. I used white cardstock and then misted with Color Bloom in Lime Wedge. I added some Tim Holtz Hearts from a past kit and some swirly bling from my stash. Oh, the filmstrip was from a past kit, too. I just cut out the images in the center so I could add my own photos instead.




Now, I loved the "Swirly Girl Challenge" aka SGC again this month. It is hosted by a different Swirlydoos member each month so you never know how you will be challenged!

Here's Hanne's challenge and all the twists.

To combine these things I want you to
1. Use two pics, yes, two, not one and not more than two – two for my birthdate!
2. A birthdaygirl always love flowers, a lot of flowers and even more flowers, so take those flowers you are hoarding out and use them.

For extra points:
3. Use pics from the summertime or a birthday.
4. Use a poem as the title or/and as journaling.
5. Use butterflies.
6. Use paints, pasts and/or mists.
7. Use two of chipboards, butterflies, metal, wood veneer or other stuff. Please tell me what you have used two of.
8. I love to color my chipboards with embossing powder, so the use of embossing powder on chipboards or anywhere else on your layout gives an extra point.

So, I used 2 pictures from this summer. I used 2 mists on the papers, I used 2 pieces of chipboard in the title which were colored with 2 colors of embossing powder. I have 2 pieces of patterned paper for my background, 2 large flowers, 2 feathers cut from the "atlas" ribbon included in the kit, 2 small flowers,  2 vines that were misted with Color Bloom in Lime Wedge, and 2 pieces of TH bling from a past kit. Whew! That's a lot of twos!

Now, on to share a waterfall card that I created with much of the ephemera included in the embellishments add on for July. It's an anniversary card that I will give to the hubs next month. So, I told him not to look too closely! (He likes to see what I've made so I couldn't hide it.)




The front of the card has a "waterfall" feature.  And, here's a video to show you how it opens.


I'll be back on Wednesday with more July projects to share with you.

These are Design Team projects I created for Swirlydoos Scrapbook Kit Club. If you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Jan) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!



0 comments:

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed