Saturday, February 6, 2016
Hey Savages, Kim here. Today I am sharing a tutorial on how to make your own embellishments with molds. We have had a tutorial using hot glue and air dry clay, but this tutorial will show you how to use other mediums. 

When we were at CHA in January, we saw a lot of molds being demo. It appears the they are the "what's old is new" item. So let's dust off the molds and start playing. I have a video to show you a step by step. I will list below all the supplies I used.




Supply list:
Martha Stewart Silicone Molds (previous Swirlydoos project kit)
Mod Podge Silicone Molds (previous Swirlydoos project kit)
Stampendous embossing powder (red)
Ultra thick embossing enamel (clear)
Beeswax
Prima mica powder (gold, bottle green, previous Swirlydoos mediums kit)
Silks acrylic glaze (previous Swirlydoos kit)
Dina Wakely black gesso 
rub n buff

This is a Design Team project I created for Swirlydoos Scrapbook Kit Club. If you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Kim) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!





4 comments:

Peggy Giovanetti said...

I was wondering which of my neglected tools to dig into next and this is perfect!!!! I never would have thought to use UTEE and beeswax, thanks so much Kim!!!!

Unknown said...

I've got these moulds somewhere buried in a drawer, I must get them out! Thanks for the tutorial Kim!

scrappygal said...

Awesome tut!! I have some of those Martha Stewart molds. I think I like the UTEE ones better.

Linda Pekrul said...

Great ideas Kim! I took lots of notes...now to find my molds!!!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed