Tuesday, June 9, 2015
Hey Savages, Kim here with my DT projects from the May*Spring Chic* Kit. We are still playing catch up here. First from our April kit being so far behind, then the new website and if you are a follower of our Facebook page Swirly Camp. With all the shenanigans going on, I still managed to get some layouts done. 

First up is my layout based on the May sketch. It is another beauty. 

Here is my layout. 
I used items from the main kit and a few pieces from the embellishment add on. The chipboard, doily, butterfly and die cut are from my stash. You can easily re-create this look using die cuts from your own stash.

Next up is a very feminine layout I created using the corrugated paper and chipboard frame we got in the main kit.  You may recognize the 2 cuties. They are my nieces, a few years ago. They show up pretty often in my layouts.
   
I used lots of the pretty pink and cream petaloo flowers from the flower add on. The chipboard frame was heat embossed with some shabby pink embossing powder from my stash. I did some masking and misting to my background. The mist is from the mixed media kit add on. 

My next layout is pretty simple. I had a hard time leaving so much space on the layout. I just wanted to fill the page. It was also a personal challenge to scrap a picture that wasn't perfect. I don't know about you, but I have a hard time scrapping not so perfect pictures. This was is pretty blurry, but the colors are perfect for the papers. 

So as we say at Swirly Camp....Challenge Freaking Accepted!!!
I used more of that awesome corrugated paper. Man, I freaking love that stuff. Flowers are from the main kit and flower add on. I threw in a bit of bling from my stash. We got some really fun micro beads in the mixed media kit. I used them on the frame. I covered the frame in gesso and while it was still wet, I poured on the micro beads. I love how it turned out. 

For our Project kit, we got the new Tim Holtz frame. I started working on mine. I decide to go with a travel theme. I printed a few pictures in wallet size and pulled out my travel ephemera. Here is what I have so far.


I'll be adding more pages to this, turning it into a flip album. I am having lots of fun creating with this frame.

That's all I have for today. Thanks for checking out our blog.

Remember, if you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Kim Heard) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!”

 

5 comments:

Peggy Giovanetti said...

Kim, these are gorgeous!!!!!

Linda Pekrul said...

Love them all Kim!

Unknown said...

Lovely, Kim! I really like the cb frame with the title inside. Cool idea. And, that travel mini is gonna be awesome!

Merrihew said...

Gorgeous projects, Kim!

Paulien van den Bosch said...

Wow Kim, such gorgeous pages and I LOVE your Tecnique-Kit project. Awesome work.

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed