Wednesday, April 8, 2015
 
 
 
 
 
Hi everybody!
Today I can finally share my projects made with the Gorgeous March kit from Swirlydoos 
Garden Romance.
This kit is filled with beautiful papers by FabScraps and Blue Fern Studios,  and Krissy made sure we got the most gorgeous embellies to go with the papers.
 
When my kit arives, I can't wait to open it up.
I get the Main Kit and the Medium AddOn, and when eveything is opened up, my family knows that they have to leave me for half an hour, to pet and study all the goodies!
Then I take it all upstairs to my scraproom, and spread it out on my work surface, to come back the next day to play. 
I usually start with the sketch first.
 
 and here's my take on it
 
 With my exacto knife, I cut around the frame to slide my picture in.
 
 I did some stenciling, using the stencil from the Medium AddOn and I covered my chipboard piece with gesso first, then sprinkled some, Shabby Shutters Distress embossing powder over it and heatset it. The tiny Pearls were glued on using Beacon Gem-Tac. We also got a whole package of black feathers in all sort of formats. I just love them!
 
 Some more stenciling and masking.
 
I cut some flowers from fabric and stamped on them using Archival ink in Black Jet. I topped them of with an older Prima flower and a metal piece.
 
My next page:
This page has a lot of dimension, IRL, It is too bad the picture does not show it.
I started with painting a circle, using glimmermist, on my background and added some stenciling, mixing texture paste and Dusty Attic acrylic paint to get a nice green color. Then I cut a circle from that gorgeous Fabscraps paper and added some lace from my stash to the back. I glued it (raised) to my background and found this lovely pink lace, Krissy send me once, and glued it across.
 

 On the chipboard piece I did the same as on the above one, only this time I used Rae's Faux Filligree technique on it. Love how it turned out.
 
Another close up! I made the bigger white flower from fabric.
And some more close up's: 



 
On my next project I wanted to use the Medium Addon.
I started out with a white piece of cardstock and highlighted the section behind the picture with Distress Paint in Picket Fence. Then I began spritzing with the lightest color - heatset and then the darker color.
 

I draw this frame, cut it out and covered it with gesso first. Then spritzed it with both colors that came in the Medium AddOn. I highlighted ramdomly with the creamz and Inklingz that also came in the Medium AddOn.
 

The doily came in a previous Swirlydoos kit and was a perfect fit for my B/W page.
In the Main Kit we got this sheet of bling. I cut it radomly and filled it with liquid Pearls in Onyx. 
 
some more close up's.

 
And here are some cards that I made with this beautiful kit:

 
Thinking of you


 
With Sympathie
 I always find these the hardest to do.
 
Just wanted to say Hello
 
And another Thinking of you card
These are my projects made with this month's kit, and I still have papers and embellies left. So I can go on creating for a little while.
 
I have a tutorial coming up, this Saturday, and here's a little sneak peek for you:
 

 
Thanks for stopping by the blog today!

Don't forget if you’re ready to start getting perfectly coordinated, top of the line scrapbook kits delivered to your door, please visit us at www.swirlydoos.com. Mention my name (Paulien) when you subscribe and you’ll receive 10% off your first kit, AND a coupon good for 30% off your entire purchase in the Swirlydoos.com store!
 
 
 
 


3 comments:

Merrihew said...

Gorgeous projects, Paulien! LOVE them all!!!

Linda Pekrul said...

Oh Paulien! Every single one is breathtaking!!

Stephanie said...

Beautiful layouts and cards Paulien!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed