Saturday, February 15, 2014
 
 
 
 
You probably have seen this card, during our monthly Blog Hop:


and as promised, I've done a step by step tutorial on it. So here we go:


For the back ground of my card I took a Prima packaging, (on the right there's the whole piece)and I cut it down to 5x6.2 At the top I added a piece of the filmstrip sticker.


I cut a piece of PP at 5.2x5 Distressed the edges.


And glued it to my back ground. I also scratched the edges of the filmstrip sticker with my nails.


I then cut a piece of chickenwire


and glued it down with a drop of hot glue and a green piece of the little roses that came in the kit.


I (hot) glued a strip of lace at the bottom. (This lace came from my stash)


And I cut down the scalloped strip, (you can find this on the sticker sheet also) and glued it in place


Then I wrapped, generously, some twine around and tied a bow. Time to work on my embellies.


These word strips are going to be my sentiment.


I stacked 2 of the flowers, that came in the kit, together


I choose this gorgeous sticker for the top of my card. I inked the edges


and pop dotted the back. Or in my case... I used the box my kit came in and added 2 layers.


Then glued it in place at the left top of my card.


I also pop dotted (1 layer of cardboard) the sentiment strips and glued them in place. Flower also.


This sticker is going to be dressed up a little.


I first inked the edges and glued it in place. I also cut tiny bits of lace that are tucked in under and around the flower.


Then I randomly placed some of those fantastic glass tiles, using hot glue.


I still found that the left top needed something more. It was too dull, so I choose these 3 elements


and glued them down on the sticker. First the paper strip, then lace and the rose on top. I also got that bottle of (gorgeous color) liquid pearls and placed some dots at the top and bottom of the sticker.


and there


and here


And for the last detail, I lightly added some Gesso to my flowers.


Simple and quick.... Hope you like it and give it a try.
 
 
 



4 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

So delightful - the twine and chicken wire are fabulous!
Alison x

Tracey Gregory said...

You make it look so easy! This is gorgeous!

Peggy Giovanetti said...

I was hoping that you'd show us HOW you made this stunning card!!!!
Fantastic tutorial, Paulien, thanks!!!!!

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous!!!! Thanks for tutorial!!!!

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed