Sunday, November 4, 2012
What would Swirlydoos be without our wonderful subscribers?!? It's a pleasure getting to know these ladies on the forums and from the stories they tell through their layouts. Yes,we are an amazing community, but most of all, we're a family! We appreciate each and every member and they deserved to be spotlighted. With that being said, our featured member for November is.....


 *Manda Kurtz*
 
 
Here is a bit about our wonderful Manda:
 
Hi! My name is Amanda Kurtz, but I really go by Manda. I have been scrapping now for about 10 years, I started when my oldest son, then a sweet baby boy, was 1. At first, it was a way for me to simply remember all the cute little things he did that I knew I would forget as he got older, well, 2 more kids and 10 years later I am knee-deep in scrap pages! It has definitely helped to define who I am, not just what I do.

I would say that my style is sort of messy-pretty-altered-grunge. I love paints, inks, mediums and mists of all kinds. Some say I have a misting problem. I say, everything is better with mist! I am always experimenting with color and style, I love to take inspiration from nature and music, movies and art. I try to not do the same thing twice as I get bored quite easily.

I am so honored to be the featured member for November here at Swirlydoos! I never really had a honed-in sense of what my artistic outlet was until I joined this amazing club. From the beginning, I was welcomed with open arms and minds and I have found a great home. I am always learning and growing with the support of my fellow Swirly Savages. There is often something new to try (and buy) and I love the sharing of ideas and techniques that makes Swirlydoos such an awesome club.
 
 
 
Manda has always caught my eye with her misting ability. It's because of her I actually tried it. Now, I love it!! Here are a few projects of Manda's that I found in our gallery that I absolutely love!!
 
Click to view full size image
 
Click to view full size image
 
Click to view full size image
 
 

Here is a link to Manda's Blog: http://mandadk.blogspot.com/
Please come back and visit every first Sunday of the month to see who our next featured member will be.

3 comments:

Miranda Edney said...

Manda you are so talented sweetie!!!!! Big hugs, Miranda

Merrihew said...

Congratulations on being the featured member of the month, Manda!

Raylene Ventura said...

electronic press kit free are digital versions of printed press kits, which have been used for decades. Essentially electronic press kit free provide the media all the information about a company or product that helps them do their job without having to do research all over the place, better enabling them to better meet their deadlines.

Facebook

Facebook
Be sure to "LIKE & FOLLOW" Swirlydoos for special FB only deals and promos

Pin Us!!

Follow this blog with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Scrapbook Sketches

Scrapbook Sketches
see all of our sketches here

Grab the Blinkie!

Photobucket

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Followers

Live Ustream


Live Feed